Assignment 1 - Boardgame - Whistleblower progression development update - week 3

After my second playtest where the results was very useful from my peers which they thought that the new design overall was a very great choice with the dial allowing them to know where they are progressing too and from, but however they pointed out that the board didn't start where the game start at the beginning and where the game is finished which they suggested highlighting the progression on the board which is what I did, which now makes it way easy to know where the players start till they end. Being the first version of my new design for my Boardgame. which allows  the players to see the progression of the game by the use of the point system by the cards. Which the whistleblower has to get the dial around the board. however with the comments from my playtesting they discovered a flaw where opponent they can win this game way more easy by using a high numbered card to place the whistleblower back to the beginning making the opponent wining very early in the game. With the realisation of this flaw, I then thought about adding a second dial. which wouldn't make the other player win. But it would activate their dial to move around the board, which would make it a vis versa. Where now for example the whistleblower has to stop the progression of the oppressions dial to go around the board. This would make sense by making it balance for both players which would bring this strategy feel where they both have to think of what card to use and where it is place on the board, which this would bring this intense of though of both cards of not to purposely progress the player to win. which with this idea I hoping to create this by the end of Friday so that I can quickly playtest it to see if it would be effective or not.

Also with the progression with my rule book included more information to design as clearly to how to play this game which one of the comments about my rules is to include image step by step to make it more easy to understand which is what I would be including in text time.    




Comments

Popular Posts