assignment 1 - board games - final evaluation for boardgame - week 5

During this week, I had completed the improvements from the blind playtesting which were to increase the points on some cards and to create more special cards and add images. which during the week I created more special card by using adobe illustrator to create vector illustrations, I also changed the numbers of the cards where the play tester felt that some of the cards had very low points where it held the game at a stands still where both players could progress further until they use those cards to allow then to progress through the board.
I then created more special cards, when the players were testing my game they used the cards to place their dial on the placement to allow thn use a special card to progress but after a few times they ran out and they diddnt know what to do after that so I have started in the rules when the player uses a special cards they place in at the bottom so it will keep its cycle when the players progression through the game. the cards are high numbers cards with high points and perk to give the player a big boost which works, especial when the other player realising that they are near the end of losing what made them deturming to push back that dial so that can have breathing room to plan and think their next.

I also added my images on my rule page where I think this helps the players to understand on how to correctly play this game very simply with a step by step, which I'm hoping this doesn't effect the player from understanding on how to play this game.

With the playtesting on my game I want the audience to feel the excitement and urgency when playing this gaming making all your moves count and how you play making them to using the advantage of the special cards to take advantages of the board and control the pace and players emotion to progress further, I would say I don't want the player to be aggressive with each other but I want then to try and overthink their opponent and overcome what they going to dish out. but with the interaction between players I think its a great to allows them to interact with each other to create fun atmosphere between the, but players.

 With the timing of the game the pace of the player learning  I found with the playtest that the player pick the game up quickly at a steady pace when they understand the purpose of the board and cards.

The choices I want the player is that i want them to use the cards as their advantage to progress through the board by access to special cards which gives them a boards around the board this allows the players to choices on what cards they use but give them the option to exploit the opportunity to use these cards at their will.
with the ideas of randomness is all to do with the cards the plyers in their hand or collecting then from the deck where all the cards are random and having each cards different but I think the randomness is a strong with the cards by making the player hoping to get a good card to progress more into the game or a card to overcome the player setback from the other player.

With the usualness of my game it does stand out in the market of Boardgame, from its use of colours having that revolution and soviet style and design on the Boardgame, the use of the style of the board and the style of it where it has a eye in the centre where its a reference to big brothers eye which is based from George Orwell's 1984 fictional character and symbol, except from being a character its a eye representing the start of someone watching you at all times which I think this makes the board more interesting and stands out from its use of influences from fiction and real life. with the design and meaning of the game I think it would be marketable to those who are interested in conspiracy's, and strategy games because of its use of the point system and the use of the designs to create this unique apperence to the audience.



Comments

Popular Posts