Assignment 1 board games - boardgame updated - week 4

I then develop a detailed page of the rules in the style of the theme of my game and implanting the rules which I added it a 'bit more detail on how to play the game in the most simplistic wording where it helps the players to easily understanding on what each object is and what it does in the game. With the development of my rules I then added images of my board and certain objects to make the player understand on what it is and what it does especially with the points system with the players have to turn the dial around when they pushed back the player. which to me I find this rulebook very effective towards the theme of the game and the simplicity of making the players understand how to play this game and what each part is to the players.

I then created a wide range of gameboard cards where I create these by using adobe illustrator to create these wide range of vector illustrations, which they all have their own purpose, meaning and outcome that effects the progression of the players. But what I did differently to these designs is that I re-balanced the points of these cards to not make them over powered and in favour to one player only. 

With the comments from my previous play testing it suggested that there needs to be some high numbered cards it give the players abit more of a boost while going around the board but also allowing  both player to think on their next step, but to do this I asked my peers for advice which they suggested that when the player uses a card when the dial is moved on a specific part on the board to allow the player to access a special card this way. Which i thought is very effected by the use of the player to think with the cards in their hands to get them to a desinated area to give them a boast in the game which i thought it was a very strategic. 

Also I was suggest through the playtesting that there should be more cards for both players. I then created a wide range of new gameboard cards where I create these by using adobe illustrator to create these wide range of vector illustrations, which they all have their own purpose, meaning and outcome that effects the progression of the players. But what I did differently to these designs is that I re-balanced the points of these cards to not make them over powered and in favour to one player only. 










Comments

Popular Posts